Cans & Bottles
Leader in scrap metal recycling
Since 1969, we have been innovating and pushing the envelope to bring the community the best recycling programs. Scrap metal recycling can be great way to preserve the earth and put some extra cash in your pocket.
Consistently High Prices & Friendly Staff
With a high average rating on Google Reviews, we strive to listen to and meet the needs of our customers with every chance we get.
Types of Scrap Metal
There are several kinds of scrap metal. Here we will cover the most common types.
Steel is one of the most common metals used today. Steel is generally categorized into 4 types:
- HMS #1 Prepared: Steel that is thicker than 1/4” and less than 4 feet in length.
- HMS #1 Unprepared: Steel that is thicker than 1/4” but is more than 4 feet in length.
- HMS #2: Steel that is between 3/16” - 1/4” in thickness.
- Plate & Structural: P&S is steel that is very thick/heavy and is used in building/infrastructure applications.
Copper is one of the most valuable scrap metals prevalent in the market today.
The image above is displaying what "Bright & Shiny" copper wire looks like - the highest grade of copper.
Types of Copper Wire:
- Bright and Shiny Wire: Copper that does not have any oxidation on the surface and has a diameter equal to or larger than 0.0508 inches (16 gauge).
- #1 Copper Wire: Copper that has some oxidation but has a diameter equal to or larger than 0.0508 inches (16 gauge).
- #2 Copper Wire: Copper that has a diameter less than 0.0508 inches (16 gauge).
Copper is used in various applications, especially plumbing.
Types of Copper:
- #1 Copper: Clean Copper - which means that no other metals or solder is attached to the material
- #2 Copper: Copper that is contaminated with other metals or solder
- #2 Copper B-Grade: Copper that is contaminated with other metals/solder and shows significant signs of oxidized
Insulated Copper Wire
We pay for all types of insulated copper wire.
Pricing is based on the percentage of copper that can be recovered from the wire. For example, if the insulated wire has an 80% recovery, we will pay a higher rate than an insulated wire with a 50% recovery.
Common Grades of Brass-
- Yellow Brass: Brass that is gold/yellow in appearance that is free from other metals (steel screws, steel components, etc.)
- Dirty Yellow Brass: Brass that is gold/yellow in appearance that has steel components attached
- Shell Casings: Ammunition casings that are discharged - any ammunition that still has the projectile in place will be rejected.
- Red Brass: Red Brass has a high concentration of copper, which gives it is reddish color.
- Copper/Aluminum Radiators: Mostly aluminum but contain copper components
- Aluminum Radiators: Do not contain copper components and sometimes have plastic ends.
There are several types of aluminum used in various applications
Types of Aluminum:
- Clean Aluminum: Aluminum pieces that are free of any other metals like steel (screws, brackets, etc.)
- Aluminum Siding: Thin Aluminum pieces from the sidings of buildings
- Irrigation Pipe: This pipe is used to irrigate farm land. It must be free of steel pieces and any plastic.
- Dirty Aluminum: This has steel attached to the aluminum, normally in the form of screws or brackets.
- Wheels: Aluminum Car/Truck Rims - both with and without chrome
Turnings / Shavings
We accept shavings of all kinds of metal
Here are some of the most common:
- Aluminum Shavings: (photo above)
- Stainless Steel Shavings
- Brass Shavings
Is your Scrap Metal not listed here?
Give us a call, there is a good chance that we can recycle and pay for the material that you have! (805) 922-4977
Need your material picked up?
We offer two types of pick-up/hauling service. Roll off Container & Small Bin (4'x7')
Roll Off Service
We meet the roll off container needs of the Central Coast, from San Luis Obispo to Goleta. We offer the best pricing and, if needed, same day service.
Small Bin Service
We have hundreds of small containers with customers across the Central Coast.
Bin Sizes available: 4'x7' (w/ lid & w/o lid) and 4'x4'
We do require that the customer has a forklift onsite